Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bragging about my new pans...




OK so I'm a little behind the times maybe someday I'll get caught up.  Just wanted to thank CSN stores-online for the wonderful opportunity to review their products and blab about it.  I have been wanting a jelly roll pan so CSN stores online provided me with just that.  I received the jelly roll combo pack by Calphalon of their classic bakeware.....


So I started looking for a yummy jelly roll recipe. By the Way there are oodles out there.  However, this one kind of found me.  I had this Taste of Home magazine (June/July 1999) just stare up at me from the library giveaway table.  Low and behold there it was a chocolate roll right on the front cover.  Bingo!  I nabbed the magazine and the rest is history.  It was a winner for my family.

Chocolate Zucchini Roll
(from Taste of Home magazine ~ June/July 1999)
Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn, Northampton, PA


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
Filling:
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
Additional confectioners' sugar

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla.

 Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Add to egg mixture and mix well.

Stir in zucchini

Spread into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in x 10-in. x 1-in jelly roll pan

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.  

Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioner's sugar.

Peel off waxed paper

 Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.

Cool on a wire rack.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.

 Beat in confectioner's sugar.

 Unroll cooled cake
Spread filling to within 1-in of edges.

 Roll up again

 Dust with confectioners' sugar

 Refrigerate until serving.
Yield:  10 servings





**Disclaimer:  This jelly roll pan was provided by CSN stores online in place of my honest review of their product.  I was not compensated for anything besides a code to purchase the jelly roll pans for this review.** 

shamrocks aminated barline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.