Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 Spool Challenge.....and more....

2014 Spool Challenge
Back in January I posted about a spool Challenge that was made and I joined in the fun to see how many thread spools I'd empty in a year.  You can check out the details here.  Sew all year I've been saving my empty spools and here is the results.....


Not too many...only 6.  Someone needs to get busy if they want to beat 6 in 2015. 

Busy I've been already in 2015.  2nd day and I was able to start and finish a project.  Pretty good odds if I do say so myself. 

Today, I made a rice bag for my hubby.  He had shoulder surgery back in August and the therapist told him in Dec. to try using a rice bag.  Sew we went in search for a pattern and found one @ Sew She Can Sew....

http://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2014/12/16/diy-heating-pad-for-shoulders-and-neck

The whole month of December he was after me to make him one, but since the Christmas tree takes over my sewing center in December I was out of commission for a month.  Yesterday the tree came down and sewing center was reestablished once again.  Yeah!!!  Sew today we sewed. 





front side

back side



It took me a few hours but it was started and completed in one day.  Hubby used it this evening and loves it.  Says it worked much better than the heating pad.  Yeah! Me. 

Now for some sneek views of things to come.....
I have some projects that have been started and need to get busy working towards completion. 


Pictured above is a quilt started, a sewing machine cover stared and paper pieces from a pattern that I was helping test for fabric yardage.  Also my rice bag strips are in picture.  As you can see I have lots of irons in the pot.  Sew I have entered the 2015 Finishes challenge for Jan.

My Button

Also be watching for a blog hop coming that I'll be sewing for......

http://www.sewwequilt.com/2014/11/we-support-you-blog-hop-sign-up-begins.html

http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/



WIPs on Wednesdays
 

snowflake bar line photo snowflakesbarline.gif
 

1 comment:

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.