Saturday, December 10, 2011

5th Day of Christmas baking...



On the 5th Day of Christmas baking I made for my true love...

Triple-Chocolate Truffles

These are easy to make just take time to do it.  You can't just make them and be done.  You have to let each layer set up about an hour before doing the next layer and then you have to let the whole thing set up before dipping.  But they are melt in your mouth chocolate inside.  OH, so heavenly.  My daughter saw the recipe in the Chocolate cookbook put out by The Pampered Chef, which by the way I won.
Here's a peek at what I won....


 don't ask me whose site because I don't remember and since I've been having computer issues the last few months that information is wiped out of my computer, however, it is one the the button links in my side bar.  She has wonderful gift giveaways. The Truffles are picture on the book; however, mine didn't look as Picture perfect as what the book shows....


I don't have permission to give you their recipe, but you can find it in the book:  Chocolate

However, I did tweek the recipe from the book so I'll tell you what I did.....

1.)  melted a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips, dark, semi, milk I don't care...could even use mint if you want mint truffles along with 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 7 &1/2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.  (I did this in microwave cooker that I won pictured above.  it was so nice to use.)  did about three - 30 second intervals.

2.)  pour into a saran wrap lined pan, dish, etc.   Refrigerate at least 1 hour. 

3.)  melt a 12 oz. bag of white chips (actually for this I used the bark squares), 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, and 7 & 1/2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. 

4.)  pour over the chocolate layer, cover and return to refrigeration for at least 4 hours.  I did mine over night. 

5.)  remove from baking pan to cookie sheet to cut into 1 inch squares.  I found that the white layer was softer so it worked better to have this layer on top when cutting. also found they are easier to dip cold.  

6.)  melt chocolate bark for dipping.  Dip each square in chocolate and place on wax paper to harden. 

7.)  You may add garnishes if you wish before chocolate hardens we didn't.  Drizzle  chocolate or sprinkle nuts or sprinkles etc.  be creative. 


christmas gift page divider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.