Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Fall to All



the challenge this week is.... light a candle everyday in your home.


the challenge this week has brought a nice welcome scent to our home. The candle I chose is a pumpkin scented one.  The first day, Monday, I lit is the house was all closed up then as the morning grew on I opened doors and windows to bring in the fresh air.  The gentle breeze that came through the house also brought with it a nice smell from my candle.  It was of so inviting.

As I light the candle each day it reminds me of a verses in the Bible where it talks about candles. In the Gospel of  Matthew the Saved are called the Lights of the World.  We are to let our light shine for others to see.  As mothers we are lights of our home.  How well do we let the light of Jesus shine in our home?  I love the illustration that has been told of God carving a Pumpkin.  As a Christian we do not celebrate Halloween, jack-o-lanterns and all aren't a part of our home; however, I do love this illustration.  So I'm going to leave it here today for you all to read and think on.....(remember this isn't my original)


A woman was  asked by a coworker,  'What  is it like to be a Christian?'  The coworker  replied, 'It is like being a pumpkin.'  God  picks you from the patch, brings you in, and  washes all the dirt off of you.  Then  He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky  stuff.  He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and  greed.   Then He carves you a new smiling face and  puts  His light inside of you to shine for all the world  to see.'

~HOW GOD CARVES A PUMPKIN~

Create a pumpkin. Make it big, little, short, tall fat or skinny. No matter which, it will be a WONDERFUL pumpkin.

"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."  Isaiah 45:12

Harvest the pumpkin when it’s fully ready.

“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;"  Ecclesiastes 3:1,2
Hold the pumpkin gently as you cleanse the dirt outside, washing all the dirt away.

“Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7
Make an opening at the top, Search into the dark cavity for anything that needs to be removed.

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23,24

Remove all the stringy pulp and slime, and clean out the entire cavity.

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10

Give that pumpkin a big set of eyes so that he may see all the good around him.

“Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see.” Luke 10:23

Carve a nice nose so that he can take in the wonderful scents of the world.

“... an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God."  Philippians 4:18

Carve a great big SMILE so that he can bring JOY to anyone who sees him.

“A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” Proverbs 15:13

Make the pumpkin glow all over with a little white light inside.

“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:6

Rejoice in the “NEW” pumpkin that has been created and given new life.

“Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” Luke 15:10

Place the pumpkin in the perfect spot so that the light will guide others.

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16

Now let it be a reminder to each of us to go out into the world and let our LIGHT shine for all the world to see! Even the “tinest” carvers can understand that!

It’s often in the details of life that our greatest messages are seen and taught. Taking time to truly ENJOY the splendor of a new season will make memories for a lifetime!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.