Friday, August 7, 2015

a years progress

My hubby has been wanting me to make him a quilt and I couldn't find anything that jumped out at me.  But then a year ago I found this fabric panel......


So I went online and looked on the web site and they had a pattern to make a quilt with the panel. 

A month ago I decided I needed to get it further than the bag and a thought.  ;P  So I sandwiched it and then went on vacation. 

The week vacation came to an end and reality set in.  So I started at the quilt again.  I've decided to work this one as a quilt as you go.  This week I've been working on quilting the center panel.




So here is where I started this First Friday night with Friends.....


I had one more star to quilt around. 


finished that...plus the top stitch line between the blue and red background. 

Then I had to take this....


for the next step in the quilt into this.....


I cut:  2- 2 & 3/8 inch strips, 20 - 3 inch squares, 100 - 2 & 3/8 inch squares and 32 - 2 & 3/8 x 4 & 1/2 inch rectangles. 

Now it is off to bed I go.

Also posted at:

Fresh Poppy Design


WIPs on Wednesdays

http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.