Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mothering by Heart by Robin Jones Gunn

Mothering by Heart 

This morning I woke at 5:45am. The house was silent. Outside our open window the doves began to coo. I blinked, rolled over and then I remembered. I have treasure tucked away in the guest room downstairs. Both of my grown baby birds and their spouses are here. For the first time since we moved to Hawaii all of us are together in this tropical nest. Last night when I slipped into bed the four of them were still out on the lanai, talking in hushed tones and laughing under the stars. 

Oh, the bliss of the golden moments of motherhood. 

The section above is the start of my blog post from 2012. It’s the third part in a series I’ve run this week on “Mothering by Heart”. It's been so sweet to hear your responses as you’ve shared stories from your own journey in the land of mothering.

If you missed the blog posts why not make yourself a cuppa' tea and pop over for a gentle read on Mothering by Heart. The links are below.

Part 1 – Mothering by Heart: Three Mistakes I Made as a Mother 
Part 2 – Mothering by Heart: Three Things I Did Right as a Mother 
Part 3 – Mothering by Heart: The Golden Moments 


Robin Jones Gunn is an award winning, best-selling author of 82 books including the Christy Miller Series for teens and the Sisterchicks® novels for women.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.