16 years ago at this time I was in labor and now I have a beautiful princess
|Tinker Bell cake for a Tinker Bell Fan|
We celebrated yesterday because we just couldn't get everyone together today because of work schedules. So how did we celebrate?...
|why with opening the gifts of course|
|meal wouldn't be complete with out inviting our fave gooseberry patch recipe.|
|looks like it was a big hit. Forgot to be a before picture.|
Simple Chicken Tetrazzini
~ taken from p. 118 the Quick & Easy Autumn cookbook
4 oz. spaghetti, uncooked
2 T. butter
2 T. all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taset
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 c. milk
2 c. cooked chicken, diced
2 oz. jar chopped pimentos, drained
1/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook noodles as according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over med-low heat.
3. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; blend until smooth
4. Add broth and milk gradually; blend well
5. Simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
6. Add chicken, pimentos and cooked spaghetti
7. Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish
8. Sprinkle with cheese
9. Bake uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted
10. serves 4-6
No Birthday celebration would be complete without Dad's famous BBQ. (forgot to get a pic.)
and her fave salad..(get recipe for mac salad here)
And what is in store for the actual day?????
She is looking forward to getting her permit today. YIKES!! Now I have to give up my daily walks.