Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sometimes life gives you lemons.....

http://www.sewwequilt.com/2014/11/we-support-you-blog-hop-sign-up-begins.html

Well I failed to get my project completed.  It did get started.  I feel so terrible that it didn't get done.  Life has just been getting in my way.  I thought I was clear and ready.  Then last weekend started cutting and sewing and much to my displeasure the pattern had me cut a wrong size of an item. (Should have cut 2 & 1/2 instead of 2 &3/8) Therefore, it didn't work.  Then I didn't have enough fabric to make again so had to wait til Monday to get more fabric.  Got to work Monday night on it little, but not enough.  Tuesday we had sewer backup in our basement so I dealt with that Tuesday night after work instead of sewing. YUCK!  Trust me I'd rather have sewn.  Wednesday night was church.  I thought I had Thursday night to myself.....But, low and behold hubby worked day instead of night....Sew I didn't get to my machine and here it is time to post and the project isn't completed.  Sorry.  Here are pictures of what is done.


This is the outside of the bag

Inside panel #1
Inside panel #2
It too will have the pink breast cancer fabric around it to make it the right size.  

I know you all are going to ask Why is the bra pattern going to be inside the bag?  Well, it is an inside family joke so I decided to put it inside the bag.   The recipient of the bag will be my mom.


She has metastatic breast cancer that is now in her skull.  She has had three treatments for this and is doing absolutely wonderful at this present time which we are all so grateful for.  This picture was taken this past summer when we all found out her condition.  Pictured are my two lovely daughters, that adore their G'ma,  my mom and myself. 

I really, really feel bad that this bag didn't get completed in time.

Be sure to visit the other blogs in this hop today......





Help give a free mammogram (It's just two clicks away that's all....click on icon below. then click on the pink button that says click here - it's free!)...
http://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/bcs/home


I got the bag patter from Shannon @ pieceful kwilter.
I found the bra paper piece patter @ Paper Panche quilt patterns.



Also posted at:

Fresh Poppy Design


WIPs on Wednesdays

<http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/
mittens bar line photo mittensbarline.gif

41 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the "messy" things happening right now. I can already tell that the bag will be beautiful when it's done and I can't wait to see the final pictures. I'll keep your mom in my prayers, hoping for continued health. Thanks for posting today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag and the pped bra pattern. It will be beautiful when you finish it and your Mom will love it! All the best to her. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum will love the bag when it is finished - it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you didn't get to finish your project, but as far as I can see it will turn out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea. Your mother is going to love it. I do hope she gets better. I will say a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life gets in the way. It does that. The bag looks like it is going to be spectacular (and I will be checking back to see if it is). Your mom will love her bag. I hope she will continue to do well on her treatments. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely bag that I am sure your mom will adore. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bag looks lovely so far, I'm sure your Mom will enjoy it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project for your Mom! She will be honoured, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am given you support for at least trying to get the project completed, I think the paper piece bra is great and have already printed it out. I am sure that it will be great when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is lovely and you still came to the hop and that is important and knowing your mom is doing well ...that is LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you'll be able to finish soon - and prayers for your mom and your family going up! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks to be a great start, best wishes and prayers to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bra pattern is cut and perfect for this being inside the tote. The lace and embroidery would snag every time she put something in it. I like the bag very much and the free mammogram is a life saving gift for some one. I'm in prayer for your Mother as is every one mentioned in this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It will be a wonderful gift for your mom. I hope she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure your bag will be fantastic. Prayers and hugs for your mamma and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's not a race...and your progress looks great. I love the paper pieced bra. Sending best wishes to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely bag.So glad to hear your Mom is doing well.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bag is off to a lovely start! It will be such a pretty and sweet gift for your mom. I am so glad she has been responding well to the treatments. Hugs and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you sew very much for Supporting and hopping. Prayers and Healing Energy for your Mom and family. Lovely Support bag you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the project. It will be a great bag once completed. My prayers are with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it is wonderful sew far! Your Mom will love it. Prayers to her and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getting started for me can be the hardest part. I think it's going to look wonderful when it's done. I'm sure she is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your bag may not be finished but it sure looks like you've got an excellent start on it. When it's done and you present it to Mom, tell her my prayer is for great results from her treatments. Support the cause and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bag is beautiful and your mom is going to love it. Sending her warm wishes for continued strength in her fight against this horrible disease. Having such a beautiful family supporting her has to be the best medicine of all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Life certainly does get in the way! The bag is wonderful and your mom will love it. I'm thrilled that your mom is doing well under the circumstances. I made this paper pieced bra and Mdm Samm's pattern is much, much easier. I could not believe the difference. You did a marvelous job on your bra. I love that the bra is an "inside" joke. Thank you for posting what you amazingly were able to accomplish. You, your family, and your mom are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry about your mom's diagnosis. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stuff happens! Sending good thoughts to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hate it when life gets in the way of my sewing/quilting. You'll finish soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The pieced bra is wonderful. Such a nice gift for your mother. Best wishes to you both! ~Cori

    ReplyDelete
  31. Life does have a way of throwing you curves. Your project looks darling and I'm sure it'll get finished soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Life does get in the way. I had a double mastectomy ten years ago but you always wonder where it will appear next. Please give your mom my blessings. She will love her bag when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great bag. I like the bra on the inside for your mom even though it's an inside joke. You'll finish up your stitching and be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your bag is going to be wonderful. Great color and fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your bag is looking lovely, Abi. I thought of making my bag reversible ... because sometimes we all are feeling private and wear our brave on the inside ... and, well, that is where my support bra stays well tucked away. My mother raised a lady ... ;)
    Your mother is beautiful. Thank you for the photo. Prayers for healing and for support for your family.
    I like the pieced bra pattern and am looking foward to seeing Betty Boob nestled in her fabric cocoon. The fabrics on the bag are lovely.

    Thank you for sewing your support and sharing in this hop ... {{{quilty hugs}}} ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your bag is looking great. Don't feel bad about not finishing, it happens to all of us including me. Life sometimes doesn't treat us so kindly, but you will finish it as you have time to do so. Would love to see it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks like you've got a great start. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your bag will be great and I love the inside idea. Hugs to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your inside joke and I'm sure she will love it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  40. A great start...the bag will be beautiful...and your Mom is going to love it!! Love your fabric choice!! Thanks for sharing your support!! Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  41. When life gives you lemons make a gin and tonic with it!!!! sounds like you needed one LOL. Your bag is wonderful and even late it will be cherished. With your wonderful mum and two special daughters I'm sure life will be back on track for this week. Cheers from Glenda Down Under who knows all about septic backups living in the wet tropics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.