Thursday, October 6, 2011

If you give a Mom a Minute....

by Trish Berg

It happens like clockwork. After my youngest kiddo leaves for school, I let out a big sigh of relief. Accomplishing that task, launching four children into their school day, is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. When they were little, we spent time snuggling under quilts reading books, now I spend time packing lunches and carpooling them to basketball and cross country practice.

Life keeps changing and the demands keep growing.

One of our favorite bedtime stories used to be If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura Numeroff. It’s a cute story full of intrigue, suspense, and yes, cookies and milk. It’s about a mouse, who in his selfishness is never quite satisfied with what he is given (kind of like me).

Needless to say, I have the story memorized. Throughout my day, I sometimes find myself not only reciting it in my head, but wondering what would happen if I was given something even sweeter than a cookie……what if I was given a minute.

If you give a mom a minute, she’ll probably want a cup of tea. When you get her the tea, she’ll probably want a lemon crumb muffin to go with it. When you give her the lemon crumb muffin, she’ll want....(read the rest of the article here..)


bc line bar with bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.