Saturday, March 5, 2016

Bummer Night of Sewing.....


I sewed last night with First Friday Night with Friends again.  It has been a long time since I've had a chance to really set down and sew.  I really miss it.  I mentioned in earlier post this week that I was going to work on a cover for my kitchen aid mixer.  I found a free tutorial online.  Anyway,  I'd been working real hard this week to get my material all quilted so I could finish my project last night. 



I was on a roll.   I had the main part pieced and all the quilting lines drawn. Then Thursday night I ran out of thread to finish quilting the last piece.



Sew I had to run to the store after work just to get my thread.  After sending daughter off to work I got busy.  Got all the quilting done!  Whee!  Started cutting out the pieces.  Nice it was all coming together. I like it when things go well.....Got all the piece cut and started pinning them together.  All of the sudden it happened.... yep things were going too smoothly......


What a BIG hit in the gut.  Can this be right?????  No....No.....Ugh!  Yep the pattern for the ends was about 2 and 1/2 inches too short.




Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can fix this??????  ARGH!  I think I have enough fabric to make the ends again, but I think I'll sleep on it and see if I can think of a creative solution before I go that route.  SEW BUMMED!!!! 


 photo flwline2_zps4ae8834d.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.