|English Toffee Cookie Bars p. 158|
This cookie bar is quick and easy. That is what I love about most of Gooseberry patch recipes. I did alter this recipe because I didn't have exactly what the recipe called for but it turned out none-the-less very yummy.
1cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
8 - 1-1/2 oz. milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Blend butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; Mix well. Add flour and mix well.
2. Pat dough into an ungreased 15/10 jelly-roll pan.. Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 min.until edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven.
3. Immediately place chocolate pieces on top. When chocolate is melted spread with a spatula, like frosting. (I used the candy melting discs. in place to the candy bars; melted them in microwave and spread it on) Sprinkle on chopped nuts. (I used pecans because that is what I had available.) Cut into squares. Makes 2&1/2 dozen.
|Spicy Meatball Noodle Soup p. 39|
6 - 14&1/2 oz. cans chicken broth
3 - 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
4 & 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced and divided
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1&1/2 lbs. ground beef
3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese, divided
1 teaspoon salt & pepper each
8 oz. fettuccine pasta, uncooked
4 oz. whole wheat linguine pasta
3 cups zucchini, diced
1. In large soup pot, combine broth, tomatoes with juice and 3 teaspoons garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil over med. -high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 min.
2. In mixing bowl, combine, beef, remaining garlic, 1 & 1/2 cups. cheese, salt and pepper. Form into 3/4 inch meatballs. add to broth mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Break pasta into 2-inch pieces; add zucchini to soup pot. Return to a boil. cook til pasta is tender about 10 min. Serve soup topped with remaining cheese. Make 10-12 servings.
Check out Parmesan Pork Chops here
Check out Garden Fresh Chili here
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Gooseberry patch for giving me the opportunity to review this book. They provided me with a copy of this cookbook plus one for the giveaway. I was not compensated in any other way. This is my honest review.
Love soups Made a cabbage/sausage/potato soup this week that's great.ReplyDelete